Pages

Friday, March 21, 2008

"Stoupid" Croup

Hadley has croup. Ugh. She woke me up for once yesterday morning. I heard her on the monitor and she sounded horrible. She's never coughed like that before. So I go in her room to feed her. She didn't eat very well. Then I'm burping her on my shoulder and she threw up all over herself, me, and the back of the chair. Nasty. I knew she wasn't well and I knew it was time to bring her to the doctor. I worked it out with my boss and was able to work from home yesterday until her pediatrician's appt. at 12:50. The ped said she has croup and it's going around. It's highly contagious. She said to keep up with the steamy bathroom treatments (we'd been doing those because we thought that would help her congestion) and really there's not much else we can do. She said she'll probably get worse before she gets better. I had to be at work today even though it's a holiday, so Adrian took time off work tonight and is home with her today. I don't know he's going to last...he's working nights, so he got home at 7:30 this morning and won't sleep today. He's going to be so out of it. But we both would do anything to keep our little girl happy and healthy, so I'm glad we both are able to take some time off with her.

Hadley is still mostly her happy, smiley self in spite of her horrible cough/cold. I dressed her yesterday in her BU onesie that was entirely too big for her. Baylor still lost their game. Oh well. We were still supportive and tried to cheer them on from afar. I took these pictures of her at the ped's office. Not so smiley in these, but she has quite the rosey complexion, and you just know she's saying inside, "Sic 'em Bears!" ;-)





1 comment:

JudyD said...

Kerri, send me a picture of Hadley in her BU shirt! So Cute!!!!
I miss her! Love, Grammy