Pages

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Viva la Vida! Viva la Coldplay!

My friend Lee has been talking about Coldplay's new song "Viva la Vida" for a few weeks now. She's been raving about it and saying how much her son Jackson loves it, too. I didn't really pay much attention until I actually/finally heard the song. WOW. I don't know what it is about that song, but it seriously gives me goosebumps. And I don't even like Coldplay! Or at least I didn't use to. Everyone always raved about them and I never got the appeal. I think I get it now. Their new song has got me hooked. I danced with Hadley in the living room to it when they played it live tonight at the MTV movie awards. (Yes, I'm 32-years-old and still watch the MTV movie awards. And no, if there are bands like the stupid Pussycat Dolls on there when Hadley gets a bit older, she WILL NOT BE ALLOWED to watch that channel. Thankfully, there weren't things like parental controls on t.v.'s when we were growing up!)

**Sidenote**
I'm also the idiot who used to dislike U2. What was I thinking? Now I think if I ever saw that band play live I'd probably cry. They're that cool. But I still will stand my ground with Bruce Springsteen. Not a fan.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

David would be proud that you now like U2. He went to their concert and I think he did cry!

David said...

Yes very proud. When Hal and I saw U2 in concert it really was a crazy experience. I can't really describe the sense of elation I felt being there and hearing it live but it was AMAZING. I swore that night that I'd never miss another show when they come to town. So when they come back LET's GO!

landryandlee said...

Woohoo!! Jackson and I made your blog. I TOLD you it was crazy addicting. Jackson now spins around and stomps his feet while moshing to it-who knew Coldplay made baby music?