I haven't updated in a while. A lot going on. I'm just going to jot down some thoughts.
1. I have a new niece! Lauren Lynn Tharp was born on Wednesday, August 13 at roughly 2:15 p.m. CDT. She weighed 8 lbs. 7 oz., which was what I weighed when I was born. She's taking after her Aunt Meanie already! ;-) Things are off to a bit of a rough start. Lauren has spent her first week in the NICU due to severe acid reflux. She has these "episodes" where she turns blue because she stops breathing. They think it's because she just guzzles down the milk and then has to try and catch her breath. Very scary. They've put her on Prilosec and they're confident that will help. The latest word is that she'll get to go home this Friday. Dana is doing well but hard to spend all day at the hospital knowing you've got your other 2 kids (Cole and Katelyn) to worry about as well. My Mom is there still helping out Cody and the kids.
2. Hadley is getting tooth #7 on the bottom. She has 4 on top and 3 on bottom. She still has her Madonna gap.
3. I'm seriously addicted to the Olympics. I'm bummed swimming is over and I no longer get to watch Michael Phelps. Man, that guy is CUTE! Adrian's dad would call him "a bit of a wingnut" with those ears, but I can look past those ears...have you seen those abs/shoulders/arms? Whew.
4. The gymnastics judges are ticking me off. Why you gotta keep robbing the U.S. girls of the medals? Who does China really think they're fooling with their 12-year-old girls on their teams? I'm watching the individual balance beam competition right now. If Nastia or Shawn doesn't get the gold, I'm going to seriously LOSE IT. I'm gonna go Bela Karolyi on those judges! (And yes, I had to look up how to spell his name.)
5. I finally hit 10 pounds lost at Weight Watchers last week. I'm sure I've gained all that back with the amount of chocolate I've eaten this past week. Wednesdays are my weigh-in days. I'm wondering if tomorrow I can sneak it past the leader and weigh in on one foot.
6. The amount of chocolate I eat is directly related to my stress level at work. We're in the middle of this huge upgrade and there's a lot to do. We were just told yesterday that no one is allowed to take vacation from now until at least the end of October. October 25 is our "go-live" date. I'm dreading that day and that week of work.
7. My new favorite song is "Paper Planes" by M.I.A. I think I like it because of the gun shots in the middle of the song. How wrong is that? It's definitely not a song that I can listen to with Hadley in the car. I probably can't listen to it with Adrian, either. He frowns upon anything gangsta because he's a cop and all and can't really pretend to shoot your gun sideways gangsta style while you're listening to the song.
8. How sad is it that I pretend to be gangsta? And you can't really type out "gangster" instead of "gangsta." Doesn't have the same effect. (Affect?)
9. I looked through old pictures of Hadley on my phone and got sad. She's so not a little baby anymore. She's looking so tall lately. She's fitting more into 12-18 month clothes instead of 6-12 months. I'm having a hard time with shoes. She's standing and walking along the couch/tables, but only every once in a while will let go with one hand. So I can't decide what size shoes to get her, nor can I decide what kind. I'm thinking she's in a size 4, but I bought a size 5 of some brown shoes from Target because I'm already making my kid wear shoes too big for them because I know she'll grow out of them in 2 weeks. Sad. My mom used to tell me that because my feet were so big I should just wear the shoe box instead. Hahaha. Not funny. Anyway, my little girl is going to be a year old already next month on the 30th. I can't BELIEVE how fast time has flown by. She's the coolest thing EVER. I'm talking to everyone else but Adrian about baby #2. He's not ready to talk about it yet. I think my clock is ticking. I never thought I'd say that.
10. Shawn Johnson is so cute. Don't you just want to pinch her cheeks? OOOO--Shawn Johnson is in first place right now!!! It's Nastia's turn! Gotta go.
UPDATE: Shawn has the gold and Nastia has the silver. Those judges are safe...for now.
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
WTG with weight watchers! I did WW after Beth and lost the baby weight plus 20 pounds of married weight. It's great! Now, I just can't get motivated to do it again.
Jacob also got tooth #7 this week. I love that our kids are the same age (he turns one 9/16) and about in the same place. If she's starting to walk, she really doesn't need shoes. They use their little toes to curl and hold onto the ground. It makes Jacob look so white trash to never have shoes on, but at least it's summer. I just bought him a pair for fall, one pair. I was laughing last night about how I would dress Beth head to toe, every day, but I'm so "whatever" with Jacob.
Ok, I've rambled enough.
Post a Comment