Pages

Monday, October 27, 2008

Oh, That Camel...

Adrian's parents, Michelea and John, currently live in Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates. (Dubai is the state you always hear about on the news that's part of the UAE.) Michelea was here shortly after Hadley was born and John arrived shortly before Christmas. We all received several Christmas presents from the UAE, but I think their favorite presents to give were the camels to the two smallest grandkids, Timothy and Hadley. Now, this isn't just your ordinary camel--it's a camel with the Dubai flag on it and it also plays some weird Arabic music. Lovely. Tim is 8 months older than Hadley so Benj warned us what we were in for. Tim LOVED that camel, and was just around the right age when he received it from Shell and Boo, who thought it was hilarious to be able to entertain your grandkids and annoy your sons all at the same time!

Fast forward to now...Hadley has discovered that she loves music and loves to dance whenever she hears it. Her version of dancing is a combination of some headbanging while holding up her "jazz hands" and it's so cute! So on top of the dancing and music, she's discovered the camel in her toy box and she figured out that it plays music. She can't get the music started herself so she'll bring it over to Adrian or I and practically throw it at us. Then the whining starts. She'll whine and whine until we start the music for her and then all is right with the world! She's a goof!

(Normally she freaks out quite a bit more, but I guess she was being reserved because I was videotaping her.)


.

1 comment:

David said...

I like the Camel, that's one of my favorite songs.