We've had an interesting week with Hadley. She's definitely crawling and into everything. She's always not far behind if you leave her to go into another room. And if she's in the kitchen with you, then that means she's in either Gus' food or water bowl. "No" doesn't do anything--I've already had to pop her hand several times. Then she'll look at her hand, then look at me, with this look on her face like "did you just do what I think you did?" She usually doesn't cry if you do that either. She may shriek with annoyance but that's about it. Oh man--we're in for it. She's stubborn like the rest of the family! Adrian thinks she's going to push my buttons even worse than he and Gus do. I'm sure she will.
All week she's been doing this horrible shrieking noise and it's super annoying. I think she does it out of frustration, but not really sure. I also think she's getting those 2 other teeth on top, but I could blame everything on teething. That's what I hate about teething. Sidenote: she's got a gap between her two front teeth on top and Jenny calls it her Madonna gap. Funny! So along with the possible 2 new teeth, she also has had diarrhea, which yes, points again to teething. THEN to go along with all of that, she's had this horrible diaper rash that had only gotten worse due to her runny diapers. It got so bad that it was bleeding, so on Thursday Adrian and I called in an appointment with the pediatrician. Pediatrician diagnoses it as a yeast infection. Yuck. Pediatrician suggests putting Lotremin on it, which is a cream for athlete's foot. Adrian says, "so she has athlete's foot on her hoo-ha?" He's a comedian, that one! Odd thing is that the Lotremin has helped and I think she's back on the mend.
She's been quite the fussbucket all week. She's a good kid for the most part, but between the whining, and the crying, and the wrestling her down every time you have to change her diaper, she really has worn me out. Today I decided I was really tired of those nasty diapers so I decided she was only getting oatmeal and water/Pedialyte. She hasn't had any diarrhea all day--only wet diapers. Whew. Maybe this week will be a better one. (Aunt Midge and Uncle Giant did babysit Hadley on Thursday night so Adrian and I could go out to dinner and see a movie. So nice to have a date night and to have Hadley spend some time with her aunt and uncle. They're practicing on how to deal with a whiney kid for when Willis gets here!)
Took this video tonight before she went to bed. She's getting so big! The two staples of all our home vidoes: Gus following her every move and "Law and Order" on in the background. Oh--and that blue toy that she's playing with? That's one of Gus' chew toys. She plays with it more than he ever has.
Sunday, July 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment