Pages

Monday, February 9, 2009

Girls' Night Out!

My friends and I have needed a night out for quite some time now. We finally put a date on the calendar and I think we were all so anxious and couldn't wait for Sunday night! (Adrian was a sweetheart and agreed to watch both Hadley and Noah. He must've been feeling brave when he agreed to that!) We started out at the Rio downtown for dinner. The last time I had been there was for my bachelorette party a little over 3 years ago. The margaritas are smaller and cost more now, but hey--we still had a good time.

After that we headed towards Crocs to go dancing but there were 3 people in there sitting at the bar and that was it. We were standing around discussing our options and we hear someone from a downstairs bar telling us that they had 2-for-1 drinks. Not bad! It was a jazz bar but after we had been there for a while, they started playing this weird death metal music. We decided to get serious about finding a place to dance.

I think this jazz bar was called Pat's.
We made our way to the Tavern Downtown (which used to be The Soiled Dove back in the day) and they were playing dance music. We were much happier campers!

Kelly and Ann being goofy

Kelly Festi, Kelly Kepler, and Ann Kjellstrom

Ann, Kisha St. Peter (she's a Denver cop--watch out!) and I


Jenny, Kelly and I

I think we're going to really try to do a night out once a month. Sunday nights downtown are a little lame, but then again, we're not as young as we used to be and going out downtown when it's crowded on a Friday or Saturday night may have lost its appeal. We'll see!

No comments: