I pull into the garage after getting home from work last night and I can hear Hadley crying in the house. I thought she was whining about Daddy not giving her any more graham crackers. You know, the usual reason she's whining and crying when I get home from work.
I walk in the door and both Adrian and Hadley are upset. Adrian's got a paper towel over Hadley's eye and he's ranting and raving about the "stupid coffee table" that's outside on the back deck.
Adrian was grilling outside. Hadley wanted to be out there with him. We have a coffee table that's like the coffee table of death that a friend made for us. It has cute Mexican tile on top that I picked out myself, but then it has these metal edges that just cry out for someone to bang their knee on it or whatever.
So Hadley somehow stumbles and, of course, heads towards the coffee table of death. It pokes her above her eye and then scratches her down her cheek. It bled for quite a while above her eye. We tried to put ice on it, but she wasn't having any of that.
Adrian thought for sure she'd have a black eye today. But she doesn't! She just has scratches. She's all good! Don't worry Daddy! He felt sooooo bad about the whole thing.
So here's hoping Hadley's first Shiner will be the beer, and not the black eye. (And if she's anything like her parents, her first beer won't be when she turns 21! HA!)



No comments:
Post a Comment