I worked from home today because Kim's son Nicholas is sick with 100-degree temperature. I'm not feeling so hot myself (stupid stomach bug AGAIN) so guess it was a good excuse to work here.
I thought Hadley was playing quietly in the bathroom with the box of bandaids, which is her most recent fascination lately, but no, it was the box of corn starch.


OK, so it wasn't the world's largest box of corn starch, and it didn't make that big of a mess, but still kinda funny all the same.
I didn't have a good day today. It's just too hard to try to work and then deal with her at the same time. She's not a bad kid, it's just that she's at that age where she's into everything and is little Miss Independent.
So the other news is that things aren't good on the job front. They're doing everything they can to avoid layoffs. They're trying to be a bit creative about it. Hourly employees are forced to take every Friday off starting this Friday until at least the end of March. My company also offered a voluntary resignation package but they know most people probably wouldn't take it. I found out later today that none of this applies to my team. Because I'm in the corporate IT department, we'll be working every Friday and can't accept the package. They made it sound like our jobs were more secure, so I guess that's a bit comforting. It's still all a bit unsettling in the grand scheme of things. Stay tuned!

No comments:
Post a Comment